Saturday, May 20, 2006

Maybank Monsters

WOW! What an adrenaline rush! The local tennis team I play on, the Maybank Monsters, FINALLY won the State Championships in our division. We've made it to the State Playoffs several times before. But never won it. Can you tell we're pretty excited about the accomplishment?!? We all play at the USTA 4.0 level. That's me kneeling down on the right. That's Chuck DeLorme, our team captain, standing on the far right. And the guy in the red cap standing behind me is my long-time doubles partner, Dan Harris. Dan and I actually won the final deciding match by a difference of only TWO POINTS in a tiebreaker! James Beck, the sports writer for the Charleston Post & Courier, even had a little blurb about Dan & I clinching that cliff-hanger match. So now it's on to the Sectional Championships...wish us luck...

No comments: