Friday, June 13, 2008

New French Open Champion

I was a little disappointed in the men's finals this year. I guess since Federer had a win over Nadal on clay earlier in the season, I figured he'd give the "clay-court-king" a better run for his money. However, I really enjoyed the women's finals between two of my favorite players in the field today. Jelena Jankovic and Anna Ivanovic, both from Serbia, have epitomized the intensity, passion, dedication, and true sportsmanship that I most appreciate in world class athletes. Here's a shot of Anna Ivanovic I photographed during the Bausch & Lomb Championships on Amelia Island last year. Don't let the elegant ball-toss deceive you...this girl packs a powerful punch!!! :-) Congratulations to Anna on her first Grand Slam title.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greetings,

Are you going to be at the French Open this year? I work for Tennis Now.com and magazine- we are looking for some photo coverage of Roland Garros. Let me know if you will be there or if you have any idea of who will be there.

All the best,
Lauren Lynch
lauren@TennisNow.com