Sunday, February 21, 2010

Are You Smarter than a Fifth Grader?

My good friend and fellow photographer, Liz Duren, asked me to come and speak to her daughter’s 5th grade class about my experience growing up in Africa.  I love that show “Are you Smarter than a Fifth Grader?”…which I surely am NOT!!!  So I was a little nervous.  J  But Daphne was so sweet and gave me a big fun hug when I arrived at James B. Edwards Elementary School.  I felt better after that!  Daphne introduced me to everyone to put me at ease.  The kids really seemed interested and had LOTS of questions.  I had a BLAST!  In between giggles I taught them a couple words in Kituba.  Plus they got a kick out of my authentic chief’s sword and.  Here’s a few pics Liz took for me…

 

Posted via email from Chris & Cami Photography

No comments: