Friday, December 8, 2006

AVP Volleyball

Today, I was invited by Mike Saia, Media Director of the Family Circle Cup, to get exclusive coverage of a major press conference at their facility. The AVP Professional Beach Volleyball Tour announced that Charleston would be the LATEST addition to the circuit. That's PRETTY COOL!!! Mayor Joe Riley was there to welcome the tour. And super stars Holly McPeak and Stein Metzger flew in to say a few words and pose for a few photos. You can see several other photos from the conference on the FCC website here and on the Beach Volleyball Magazine website here. In addition to being given exclusive coverage of a private shoot with Holly & Stein on Stadium Center Court, I was invited to photograph the tournament when it arrives June 14-17. I grew up playing volleyball, and even played competitively my freshman year in college. So this is a HUGE TREAT for me to see some of my idols like Misty May, Karch Kiraly, & Kerri Walsh in action!

No comments: