Thursday, August 21, 2008

Sullivan's Island Lighthouse

After the beach shoot with Chris & Marley, I hung out for a while enjoying the breeze, the lapping waves, and the solitude of having that stretch of sand all to myself. I noticed the sea oats swaying back and forth with the lighthouse in the distance. So I set up a time exposure of 3-seconds at f5.6 for this image of the Sullivan's Island Lighthouse.

I'd like to dedicate this shot to my Dad who loves the beach more than any man I know. Mom & Dad just celebrated their 46th Anniversary. I love you both so much...you're a beacon of hope and truth in my life!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link....beautiful shot of the lighthouses....and of the couple and child on the
beach....amazing sky and light.

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful! I couldn’t stop looking at just that one either… the pictures you take are always so amazing!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful shot of Sullivan Beach and lighthouse, but this is our 46th anniversary. I'd like the extra 3 years please! Goodness, I certainly never thought I'd still be around to reach 46 years of marriage! Thanks for remembering us on your blog site. Yes, Dad really does love the beach and the mountains, doesn't he?

He's off to Monterey in the morning, along Rte #1 where he'll stop as often as it strikes his fancy and probably get as close as he can to the edge.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the lovely photo and thoughts.

Love,
Dad

Chris said...

Thanks for stopping by the Blog, Mom & Dad! Mom, I'm sorry for shorting you a few years...I'll get that fixed rigt away!!! :0) Love you both.