Thursday, July 23, 2009

US Women's National Soccer

Soccer was "my sport" growing up. I think there was a period in high-school when I slept with my soccer ball! ;-) I played at Kalamazoo College and Spring Arbor University before injuries sidelined me and the Tennis bug hit me. But I'll never loose my love for "The Beautiful Game"! So it was with pleasure that I got to photograph the US Women's National Soccer Team in their 1-0 win over Canada at Blackbaud Stadium, their last home game before heading over seas this summer.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah soccer is the best sports. i have great memories of our team at tasok. that was awesome.
-abbas

Anonymous said...

Wow...that is so awesome! I am a soccer player too...played my whole life...just haven't picked back up with it since moving to Charleston. Think that might change soon!
- Tara

Anonymous said...

chris i remember you being one of the best players @ tasok! i was amazed 'cause back then, you were one of the few americans that was interested in the game... do you still kick???
Patrick

Chris said...

Thanks guys! Tara there is a very active adult league in Charleston. Cami played for a year or two before her knees got the best of her. Abbas, those were definitely the "good old days"! :-) I remember you were the most AMAZING goalie! Patrick, sadly I had two very sevier angle injuries, one after the other, that pretty much ended my kicking days. I defected over to tennis like Borris Becker, John McEnroe, and Rafael Nadal. Hey, it's played on a flat surface and there's no malicious contact from 11 greedy pairs of legs!!! ;-) But I sure do miss playing and have the greatest memories from our victories at TASOK!

Anonymous said...

WOW!