Thursday, February 8, 2007

NEW Family Circle Cup Banner

I am SO EXCITED! I just talked to Mike Saia, the Communications Manager at the Family Circle Cup. He informed me that this year's NEW BANNER of last year's champion, Nadia Petrova, will feature an image I photographed of her. Here it is!!!

If you don't already know, I'm one of the Official Photographers of the FCC tournament. Look back at some of my journal entries from last spring (here and here) to read more about my involvement in the cup.

The FCC is one of the Women's Professional Tennis Tour's most prestigious events. It's the last clay-court tournament played in the US before the players head to Europe for the French Open. Behind the four Grand Slam Tournaments, there are several Tier One Tournaments, of which the FCC is one of the most respected. So if you're a tennis fan but don't have the funds to go to the Australian Open, French Open, Wimbledon, or US Open...the Family Circle Cup should be NEXT on your list!!!

So far, this year's entries include something like 7 of the top 10 in the world. Super Star and the Number One player in the world, Maria Sharapova will be there! The comeback hero of the last few years, Martina Hingis will be there! Other former Number One's, Justine Henin and Amelie Mauresmo will be there! Up-and-coming stars like the 17 year old Nicole Vaidisova will be there! It's going to be AWESOME! So make sure and come out April 7th - 15th. I'll be there!!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome!!

Anonymous said...

The banner is already up there. It looks great! I think Chris should put "Official Photographer of the SC 7.5 Champion" on his resume as well!

Anonymous said...

It really is a great photo, good job buddy.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing and congratulations on another well deserved honor. I skimmed through your blog too. You have some great images posted.

Anonymous said...

Hey, great shot of Petrova, and of the osprey too. Both in swift motion. Good work!

Anonymous said...

Great job Mr. Smith! Now…as your teammates, we expect some candid pix of Ms. Sharapova and Ms. Vaidisova this year. :-)

Anonymous said...

This is getting to be old hat for you, isn't it? You had a previous banner in the last year or two as well if memory serves me (the Hardin one wasn't it). "You so good"!!! Congratulation...

Anonymous said...

Man...that’s cool!!! I can already see it now...every time I cross over the DI bridge with someone I’ll go...”I know the guy that took that banner picture”. Thanks for making me that much cooler!! :)

Anonymous said...

Great job! And don't forget to put "the Official Photographer of the Maybank 4.0 Adult Mens Team" on your resume.

Anonymous said...

way to go, Chris...

Chris said...

WOW! Thanks for ALL your encouragement and kind remarks. I really, sincerely, appreciate it!!!