Sunday, June 10, 2007

French Open

I've enjoyed watching the French Open this week and following some of the exciting stories. I was sad to see Roger Federer miss another opportunity to win the "Federer Slam". But at the same time I'm always impressed with how tenacious Rafael Nadal is on clay. The Women's Final wasn't all that great a match. But it was between two of my favorite players on the women's tour! I've always been a huge fan of Justine Henin because her style is built around an all-court game that includes power, precision, and finesse. After having photographed Anna Ivanovic at both the Bausch & Lomb Championships and at the Family Circle Cup, I knew she was "rising star" in the making. And her strong run to the finals at the French Open proves that she has what it takes. I think we'll see a lot more of this young lady in the years to come...

No comments: