Monday, August 13, 2007

Carolyn & Bill





I frequently have the privilege of traveling to other cities to photograph weddings. I enjoy the change of scenery and the chance to work in NEW venues that I haven't photographed in before. It keeps my photography "fresh" and helps prevent me from getting complacent or stuck in a creative rut. Last weekend I was in Columbia, SC at the historic Rutledge Chapel for Carolyn & Bill's BIG DAY! Named after South Carolina statesman John Rutledge, and located in USC's famous "Horseshoe" area, this was the first building built on the campus.

Having photographed Carolyn's Bridal Session, I already knew how beautiful, witty, and full of life she was. What I didn't realize was that Bill was going to be JUST as much fun to work with. He's easy going, quick to laugh, and does a FANTASTIC "Blue Steel" pose! :-) Needless to say, we all had a BLAST throughout their wedding day.

Their reception was held at the Columbia Chamber of Commerce...a beautiful red brick building on a well manicured lawn. The food was delicious, the cake was a delightful creation, and everyone danced so hard the make-shift dance floor started coming apart! As the evening came to an end, everyone cheered the newlyweds off with sparklers held high. I love that last shot as they stopped for one last kiss before heading off into the night.

Bill & Carolyn, all I can say is THANK YOU! Thank you for reminding me that life is too short NOT to find JOY and EXCITEMENT in every moment of every day...even when it's 104 degrees in the shade on your wedding day!

See the rest of the photos in their Online Gallery...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The photos are simply fabulous; you have been an absolute delight to work with!

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to thank you again for meeting with us a few weekends ago and we look forward to working with you for our wedding. Also, I just wanted to give you a heads up, as my Supervisor at work is also getting married next year and I am going to refer her to you for photography, as I believe that you are truly gifted at what you do.