Saturday, February 16, 2008

Joy & Ken







Since my Dad was in the Navy, military weddings have a special place in my heart. Joy & Ken's was even more so because over the time I've gotten to know Joy, I've realized she is absolutely the nicest person I have ever met! I'm SO HAPPY for these two...
Their wedding was held under the old Live Oak on the Grand Lawn at Alhambra Hall, overlooking Charleston Bay. It's one of my favorite venues in Charleston! Joy was truly STUNNING in her fairytale wedding gown. Ken in his Dress Whites had the proverbial "dashing" good looks I expected...knowing Joy's impeccable taste! :-) The climate was a beautiful, breezy, sunshiny day. All the gorgeous floral arrangements were provided by The Blooming Village. The Coast Guard Chaplain who performed the ceremony was both humerous and poignent in his no-nonsense, yet eloquent, homily. Eric Scalise of Complete Music provided the euphony for the service, and later, did a FANTASTIC job leading an exciting reception.
I thought it was fitting that Joy & Ken exchanged their vows the day after Valentine's day. The support from their family was unending. The admiration from their friends was unwavering. And their love for each other IS unconditional. CONGRATULATIONS you guys!!!
Click Here to see the rest of their photos...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't say thank you enough to everyone (guests, photographer, florist, DJ & Tom Smith Catering staff) for making this day so amazing, enjoyable & memorable. Ken and I are truly blessed to part be part of your lives. Also, I wanted to say Thank you Lord for the traveling mercy and watching over our family and their homes when the Tornado hit there small town in Alabama the Sunday after our wedding. Please keep the rest of the folks from Prattville in your prayers with the 850 homes lost.
Love Joy Elena Hall