Monday, April 28, 2008

At Work (or Play?)

Everybody says I have WAY too much fun at what I do. I guess this goofy picture proves it. My good friend, photographer, and fellow tennis player, Frank Oplanic, was up in the stands waiting to get a different perspective of Maria Sherapova exiting the stadium after one of her matches. Mic Smith (no relation) of the Charleston Post & Courier, who is standing behind me, and I were on-court hoping for a good shot of her signing autographs. When Frank yelled out at me I turned and gave him my best "Blue Steele" pose. :-)

Frank also caught this one of Serena Williams heading off court after she won the championships. He was standing about where I was in the shot above. I had just finished photographing Serena with the ball crew. That's Amy Binder, of the WTA Tour, walking with Serena. Amy is a huge help to us media people, letting us know which players are going to be where for photo ops. Many thanks to Frank for sharing these with me!

My good friend and fellow photographer, Doug Cunningham, and I stretch our legs while the players change sides during the finals on Stadium Court at the Family Circle Cup. (Those photographer's benches are low to the ground and not built for comfort - HA!) Many thanks to Doug for sharing this photo with me and our friend and compatriot, AP Photographer Alice Keaney, for shooting it.

No comments: