Thursday, January 18, 2007

Friends in Foreign Places

This week I've been in San Antonio, TX for the Imaging USA photography convention I attend every year. It's always great to be inspired by all the speakers, share ideas and techniques with other photographers, and learn about new products from all the vendors. I went with my friend and fellow photographer, Robin Knight. In spite of the freezing ice-storm that blew into town, we decided to go do a little sight-seeing and take a few photos. (How odd...photographers playing "tourist" while attending a photo convention...hmmm?!?) Anyway, we were practically the only people visiting the San Juan Mission this afternoon since the weather was so ugly. When suddenly this lonely dog came up to greet us. Being a sucker for beautiful dogs, I had to pet this young lady, who happened to be VERY pregnant. I immediately realized she was STARVED for attention! As she followed me around while I photographed this historic mission, I talked to her and petted her. When Robin & I were done, she followed us over to wait for the bus with me. I missed our dog, Henry. And she needed some TLC. So we kept each other company until our ride came. It's always nice to make friends in foreign places!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos on your blog… I would’ve taken the dog home. :-)

Chris said...

Yeah, I know...Cami would have too!