Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Kim & JD




There were SO MANY cool images from Kim & JD's wedding that I didn't know HOW TO CHOOSE which ones to post on the blog. That's a GOOD dilemma to be in! :-) Anyway, here are just a few of those favorites. As always, you can see the rest of the images in their Online Gallery.

I had been looking forward to Kim & JD's wedding for a long time. Ever since our initial meeting way back when, Kim and I have just "clicked". As a photographer, I always strive to see the world through my client's eyes and get a feel for who they are. Through studying their personalities and paying attention to how they react to situations and interact with one another, I can better serve them by creating images that reflect who they are. Of course this task is made so much more intuitive IF my client's personalities are already in tune with my own! This is how it was with Kim & JD.

The first image was taken while Kim & the girls were getting ready. As she checked her make up in the hand-held mirror, I caught her eye in the reflection. For extra punch I left the mirror in color and changed the rest of the image to black-and-white. The second image was taken after the ceremony. The wind swirled Kim's veil as the newlyweds kissed. The third image was taken right after Kim finished dancing with her Dad. She went and sat down with two of her bridesmaids to watch as they took snapshots of JD dancing with his Mom. The last image is a clean, simple, and pure representation of the energy, excitement, and emotion at their reception. I call it "Happy Feet". :-)

Kim & JD...it was an honor and a privilege to be there for you guys as you celebrated this landmark in your lives. May you have happy feet FOREVER!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Chris!
I LOVE THE PICTURES!!! They were absolutely fantastic! I sent the link to all my friends and family and EVERYONE has immediately responded to me and said they are so beautiful! Thank you so much for capturing all the moments of the wedding perfectly! JD and I did had an absolutely great time at the wedding and we heard from guests that everyone had a great time as well :) A ton of people have complimented your photography skills and believe me I have highly recommended you for any future use! :) Also, the blog is awesome and you wrote some very sweet things about us and the wedding! Thank you again for capturing the vivaciousness of our wedding! I can't stop looking at the pictures and recalling all the moments :) I know we will be keeping in touch and I can't wait to get the proofs (with white borders--thanks!!), the originals on DVD and the slideshow! So much to look forward to! I hope your move to your new house went well! I know you are in the process of that as well. Best of luck to you in your new place! Too fun! :)