Friday, July 6, 2007

Small Wonder

For his poignant article about Chrissie Zartman, Dominic Bonvissuto of Sports Illustrated writes: Among the forest of professional beach volleyball players waiting to check in at the AVP Crocs Tour stop in Huntington Beach, Calif., a freckle-faced girl with sandy blonde hair shuffled through the entrance marked, "Players Registration." Standing 5-foot-3, it would have been easy for her to get lost in the crowd of tall, tanned athletes. One tournament official did notice her, however, and approached. "I'm sorry," he said, "this area is for players only."
"When I told him I was a player, he smiled," Chrissie Zartman said. "I think he thought I was just some kid who played volleyball."


His article, uses three images I photographed of Chrissie while she competed in the AVP Charleston Open last month. This is the FIRST TIME we've been published with SPORT'S ILLUSTRATED! So I'm extremely excited to share this article with you. Audra Silverman, representative for AVP writes: "Three of your photos are predominantly featured and the story is the most popular story on the site right now. It came out great!"

Check out the rest of the story on SI's website here...

No comments: