Friday, May 15, 2009

Tijuana, Mexico

Just got back from Tijuana, Mexico safe and sound with no flu-like symptoms. :-)

Deborah's house is a shelter for battered women and children in Tijuana. It was founded by Ray and Adalia Schellinger-Gutierrez. Visit their website at www.internationalministries.net/missionaries/94. International Ministries is who my parents were with when we were in the Congo. My mission was to photograph images that will help them promote and raise funds for Deborah's House. I was truly blessed by the experience!

Other than a quick browse through all of them I haven't had a chance to edit any images yet. But I wanted to post at least one "teaser". I'll get more up later.

For the "techies"... I shot this at high noon, re-interpreted the light to be the long shadows of sunset sifting through the twisted iron bars on the kitchen window by use of an SB-800 with a 1/2 CTO gel, controlled by another SB-800 on Nikon D3 in commander mode using -.3 TTL setting, and 50mm f1.4AFS lens.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - you do see the light! Thanks - and by the way the Bobby and Jennifer photos were unbelievable. You completely captured the day & I will be forever grateful for the memories I can see and touch.
- Barbara

Anonymous said...

I love that you do this! For all of us still loving to learn. Great stuff Chris! xoxo
- Tomme

Anonymous said...

That's a WOW! Show us more!

Anonymous said...

Chris, Fantastic brother.
- Bill

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful pic...the colors sing!
- Barbara

Valerie Schooling said...

I'm glad to hear you're home safe! I've been praying for you and look forward to hearing more about your trip!